It’s just Me again… Chef Scott here, up too late!
I spent the whole day with friends running rampant all over the greater Tampa/St. Petersburg area today. We started at about 10 in the morning, and I didn’t get back to my house until well after 10 at night. What were we doing? My friend is a Licensed Massage Therapist, and all natural, vegan fed, holistic healing, cage free, non GMO, modern, upwardly mobile kinda guy. His girlfriend is his mirror image. We were on the search for just the right massage oil. Not just any old jug ‘ll do…
We visited every New Age, massage, acupuncture, incense shop in the metropolitan area. And we laughed, a lot. But one thing we didn’t do (something they almost never do) is eat. Well, thats not true. For breakfast we had a half an orange and some seeded roof tiles with humus. And about lunchtime we came upon some free organic hard sucky candy samples. For dinner we had some tree bark and just a few twigs.
Needless to say that by the time I got home, the fat content of my bloodstream was terribly low. But I was plain exhausted. I started rooting around in my fridge for a late snack before bed, and came up with this… The crazy cheezy bread. This is a side dish I think, unless you eat 5 slices with a tiny salad.
It was re-donkersly delicious… I suggest you make this right away! It’s exactly what I needed to fill my body with all the things I had deprived it of… butter, cheese, and bread.
I know you’ll love it, so let’s get to it!
- 5 or so slices of your favorite bread (I used a beautiful Italian loaf)
- ½ Stick Butter
- 3 TBSP Gorgonzola or Blue Cheese
- 2 TBSP Parmesan Cheese (ground in your bullet before hand)
- an inch wide slice of white cheddar cheese (also ground in your bullet before hand)
- Grind the Parmesan and the Cheddar in the small cup, separately. Set aside.
- Put the butter only slightly softened in the short cup. Pulse repeatedly and shake the cup to make sure that the butter stays on the blade.
- When the butter is mostly pulverized, add the Gorgonzola and Parmesan to the cup and continue blending. <<TIP: the butter will eventually form a smallish ball that won’t blend. Open the cup and use a spoon to smash it a little bit. Continue blending till smooth>>
- Put bread in a toaster and make toast… LIGHT.
- Spread warm toast with Gorgonzola butter.
- Top with Cheddar Cheese and put under the broiler till golden brown and bubbly.
- Finish with some cracked black pepper.
- Cram it in your face immediately… or serve with salad or pasta or what have you.
This was easy, quick and over the top gooey. You probably need it every day.
Sorry about my attire in this picture… it was late, I had jazz on my earbuds, I was starved and ready for bed…
Until next time…
I am sending my warmest regards,